Back

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Kill the Bill 2, Fort William

RGsquadron/Readytoridecycles rider Andy Hughes raced Kill the Bill 2 at Fort William on the 3rd of July. Here's his Victory weekend in his own words:


The track was the normal Fort William track, the same as will be used for BDS round 5 in September. It's super rough, the longest track in the UK and amongst the longest in the world. It had a tight line in to the woods which was a bit awarkard to hit at speed and that took took us around the new drop from the world cup. 


Saturday practice went well. I was feeling confident all day and I knew I had the speed to do well on Sunday despite two crashes on my last run.  Sunday practice was good. I took my time to make sure I had my lines dialled and to save some energy.  


My first race run was going really well until I hit the gondola jump at the start of the motorway and snapped my chain. I couldn't pedal where I had to which cost me a lot of time. I crossed the line at 5:48.05 , only five seconds back and in fifth spot overall after first runs. With that mechanical I knew that I had the speed.


After my first run I went to fix my bike and found that I had trashed my back wheel and rear mech as well, luckily I had spare ones.  


Second run came around and I was a bit steadier than my first run due to not wanting another mechanical, but when i hit the motorway I knew I had to pedal hard.  I crossed the line and was instantly glad I did as I was rewarded with a 5:29.98, putting me at the head of seniors. None of the four men behind me after seeding could top my time and I my first ever Senior win!


- Andy Hughes


Andy's time would have also placed him first in Elite! He took over half a second out of the nearest Senior. Well done Andy!  -Alex


Thanks to the team sponsors:
www.readytoridecycles.co.uk - Ready to Ride Cycles / Works Components
www.bikechase.co.uk  - Swinnertons Forsest Centre, Cannock Chase

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home