Back

Monday 29 April 2013

BDS #1 - Combe Sydenham

RG Squadron/Works Components rider Mitch Ingley attended the first round of the British Downhill Series at Combe Sydenham in his first race for the team since rejoining for 2013: 

"Saturday practice was awesome and felt really good in the morning and the track was fast! Then by the afternoon with the rain coming down it was start to get tacky and slowing everyone down. I only did three runs of practice but had three good runs and sectioned parts too.

Come Sunday, race day, I did one practice run and sectioned a few bits in the morning but the track was getting rougher and ruts just got deeper, qualifying run was kinda chilled and an eye opener to how the track was. I qualified 7th and was 2seconds off the podium.

In my race run I messed up on the second corner which meant I had to push every where else and pedal hard! I managed to beat my seeding time by 3/4 seconds and was only half a second of the podium which was kinda annoying. I'm still pretty happy with a solid 6th place and it's still early in the season so I'm happy!"

Tom Gafney's edit from Mitch's 2012 season is always worth a watch:
Mitch Ingley 2012 from Tom Gaffney on Vimeo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home