Back

Thursday 18 April 2013

Forest of Dean Summer #1 - MIJ

Squadron junior rider Will Homer attended the first round of the MIJ Summer season at the Forest of Dean, here's his race report:





My first race of the season was 7th April at the Forest of Dean. MIJ, the organiser had laid on an awesome event, the track was wide open, flat out with big jumps and was running really fast. The conditions were perfect, dry and dusty with masses of grip but it was physically hard with a long flat sprint to the finish. It’s a good fun track but possibly not the best track to race because of the uphill in it!


My first run I had taken it easy just to get a decent time under my belt, clocking a 1:57, 8 seconds off the pace and placing me in 12th after first runs. In my final run I pedalled in every possible place and I had taken over 3 seconds off my previous time moving me into 10th! I was 6.510s behind winner Liam Jones and only 2.322s behind Myles James in 2nd, the times were really close!


I'd taken time to get my Nukeproof Scalp running perfectly before the race and it performed perfectly. I am really happy with 10th as a starter and I am getting faster every race.

Thanks go to the organiser, MIJ, and my sponsors, RG Squadron, Works Components and Oneal Clothing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home