Back

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Pearce Rd#3 - Bucknell


Mick Whyte and Nathan Foster attended the 3rd round of the Pearce DH series at Bucknell, here's Mick's report:

It seemed as though The Pearce race team had booked some sunshine for the weekend - nice.
I had a reasonable practice day on a track that doesn't really suit me; too short, jumpy and without enough techy rooty sections but it is a good fun ride.
I had a bit of a mare on my first practice of Sunday as my back brake decided to pack in just after the ski jump!  A quick bleed later and I did manage one run before practice stopped.
Race run 1 went ok but I knew it was a bit too steady.  2:20 and 9th place which wasn't as bad as I thought.
fellow RG rider and KTM rider Lee Pettitt pipped me on first runs with a 2:18 point something.
Second run was gonna be interesting so I decided to relax with a beer.
It must have worked as I felt a lot quicker but in fact was only 2 seconds quicker although this was enough to put me into 8th and just in front of Lee!  Sorry buddy.  Top 10 was a great result for both of us.

Nathan Foster was on fire all weekend (except for his first run!) and posted 2 very quick times of 2:09ish and placed 5th in a category where his and the top times were not far off the elites!  Well done mate.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home